How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3480
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took an early distribution from my Roth IRA of $2642 to

Resolved Question:

I took an early distribution from my Roth IRA of $2642 to pay bills. How should I input this into turbo tax.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 4 years ago.
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

The distribution amount from the IRA is reported on Form 1099-R. Do you have that? If not, wait until you receive it, and in Turbo Tax, when you select the Form 1099-R as one of your tax forms, enter the information into turbo tax from the 1099-R.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Tax.appeal.168 and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 4 years ago.
Hello again Kimberlyn,

Thank you for the accept. Be sure to enter the information into Turbo Tax exactly as it is shown on the 1099-R. It is important that you enter the information as it it shown on the form.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!