Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I took an early distribution from my Roth IRA of $2642 to

Customer Question
I took an early distribution...
I took an early distribution from my Roth IRA of $2642 to pay bills. How should I input this into turbo tax.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
1/1/2013
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

The distribution amount from the IRA is reported on Form 1099-R. Do you have that? If not, wait until you receive it, and in Turbo Tax, when you select the Form 1099-R as one of your tax forms, enter the information into turbo tax from the 1099-R.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Hello again Kimberlyn,

Thank you for the accept. Be sure to enter the information into Turbo Tax exactly as it is shown on the 1099-R. It is important that you enter the information as it it shown on the form.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant