Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have heard about a tax refund of up to $7500 for buying a

2011 vehicle or newer that...
I have heard about a tax refund of up to $7500 for buying a 2011 vehicle or newer that has e-fuel capabilities? is there any refund like this available to taxpayers?
12/3/2012
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
The following is a list of the vehicles in the 2011 model years that were allowed for credits;

<table border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

child">

Model Year

Make

Model

Credit Amount

2011

BMW

Active Hybrid 750i

$900

Active Hybrid Li

$900

Active Hybrid X6

$1,550

2011

Cadillac

Escalade Hybrid (2WD & 4WD)

$2,200

2011

Chevrolet

Tahoe Hybrid C1500 2WD

$2,200

Tahoe Hybrid K1500 4WD

$2,200

Silverado Hybrid C15 2WD

$2,200

Silverado Hybrid K15 4WD

$2,200

2011

GMC

Sierra Hybrid C15 2WD

$2,200

Sierra Hybrid K15 4WD

$2,200

Yukon Hybrid C1500 2WD

$2,200

Yukon Hybrid K1500 4WD

$2,200

Yukon Denali Hybrid K1500 4WD

$2,200

2011

Mercedes Benz

ML450 Hybrid

$2,200

2011

Nissan

Altima Hybrid

$2,350

2011

Porsche

Cayenne S Hybrid

$1,800

The provisions of the Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit including the Qualified Hybrid Motor Vehicle Credit, Qualified Alternative Fuel Motor Vehicle Credit (QAFMV), and Advanced Lean Burn Technology Motor Vehicle Credit expired as of December 31, 2010.

The Alternative Motor Vehicle Credit was enacted by The Energy Policy Act of 2005 and provides various tax credit for certain energy efficient vehicles. The tax credits are available for vehicles acquired before January 1, 2011.
If you would like to see all the credits under energy that were (and some still) in effect here is a link
http://www.irs.gov/uac/Energy-Incentives-for-Individuals-in-the-American-Recovery-and-Reinvestment-Act

Customer:

The information that I received apparently was incorrect. My source stated that he helped another friend fill out some papers and submitted them to received his refund check.

Customer:

This was supposedly from a government program.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4