Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I was audited for 2011 fed & state. I had to pay additional

taxes for both in2012. How...
I was audited for 2011 fed & state. I had to pay additional taxes for both in2012. How do I handle this when I file 2012
12/1/2012
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Stephen G :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything that is not clear.

Stephen G :

There's no effect or anything to do with the federal payment you made in 2012 for 2011.

Stephen G :

If you itemize deductions in 2012, you will be able to deduct the payment of state income taxes on your 2012 Schedule A.

Stephen G :

Questions?

Stephen G :

If you need to contact me again with any tax or financial questions, you can just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question. Again, please remember to rate my response. Bonuses, where you think they are warranted, and excellent ratings, are always most appreciated. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com.

Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert