How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4555
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client who is a WA State Corp. All the work is performed

Resolved Question:

I have a client who is a WA State Corp. All the work is performed in California. Some employees reside in California, some in Washington, and some in Oregon. What are the basic payroll rules relating to this situation? Thanks!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 4 years ago.

PDtax :

Welcome to the site. I will be helping you today.

PDtax :

Generally, the WA corp. is doing business in California, so the WA corp. will have to have California withholdings for wages paid to people who work in California.

PDtax :

You don't have to worry about out-of-state employees, but they fix things when they file their WA or OR or CA tax return. The CA residents have state tax withheld, no issues there. The WA and OR residents have to file CA non-resident tax returns, and their state tax returns (where they can claim a credit for the CA taxes paid to CA as non-residents).

PDtax and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you