Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

looking for my 2010 tav return for ss XXXXXXXX please

Customer Question
looking for my 2010 tav...

looking for my 2010 tav return for ss XXXXX please help name debra freeney esslinger [email protected]

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
11/16/2012
Tax Professional: Tax-Scholar, CPA replied 5 years ago
Tax-Scholar

Tax-Scholar :

Thanks for using Just Answers. My goal is to provide the same expert advice I give my local clients but for a fraction of the fee.

Tax-Scholar :

Tax return information is sensitive and not available for the public

Tax-Scholar :

If you have lost your copy of the return you can request transcripts from the taxing authority

Tax-Scholar :

The IRS website is http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript

Tax-Scholar :

They will send the information to the address on the return.

Tax-Scholar :

It should take about 7-10 days

Tax-Scholar :

If you are looking for North Carolina return they might have something similar

Tax-Scholar :

Does this help?

JACUSTOMER-tlt5gm38- :

not sure i have a copy i sent orginal 9/7/12

Tax-Scholar :

Are you just making sure they received it? Are you looking for your refund?

JACUSTOMER-tlt5gm38- :

the first one was sent in april and then again 9/7/12

Tax-Scholar :

If you sent your 2010 tax return in 2012 it would be late and any refund would be delayed

JACUSTOMER-tlt5gm38- :

looking for refund

Tax-Scholar :

Why did you send two?

JACUSTOMER-tlt5gm38- :

address was incorrect by the cpa

Tax-Scholar :

The due date for 2010 returns was 4/15/2011 and extended due date of 10/15/2011

Tax-Scholar :

Any returns filed late take a lot longer to process

JACUSTOMER-tlt5gm38- :

ok what do I do now

Tax-Scholar :

Have you tried calling the IRS?

Tax-Scholar :

They should be able to tell if it was received and where it is at.

Tax-Scholar :

Eventually you'll get the refund it just takes time

Tax-Scholar :

The IRS number is 1-800-829-1040

Tax-Scholar :

Assuming they didn't get the return till 9/7 it could easily take 3 months to process and then 8 weeks to cut the check

Tax-Scholar :

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have more questions

Tax-Scholar
Tax-Scholar
Tax-Scholar, CPA