How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 57 years old and became disabled on 10/01/2011. what is

This answer was rated:

I am 57 years old and became disabled on 10/01/2011. what is the earliest age I can take out my money without a penalty?
Thank you
Bud Holly
Thanks for using!

If you have become permanently or totally disabled, you can begin withdrawals immediately. The IRS definition of permanent and total disability is as follows:

"You are permanently and totally disabled if you cannot engage in any substantial gainful activity because of your physical or mental condition. A physician must certify that the condition has lasted or can be expected to last continuously for 12 months or more, or that the condition can be expected to result in death. "

If there any more questions or concerns, please reply to this answer so that I can assist you further.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent so that I may be paid. Thanks for your business.
Phillip B, EA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you