Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Please send my question to Steve G. he already knows my background.

Since I am a minor...
Please send my question to Steve G. he already knows my background. Since I am a minor I had to sign up for my credit card under my moms name. She signed up for it and then added me as a secondary member with my own social. However only I make charges with my own card she never uses it and I pay it in full each month with my own bank account. However american express processes it as she is paying it all each month since she is the primary account holder. Will I be able to show the IRS I paid for my expenses charged on the card myself since I used my checking.
11/1/2012
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Yes. As long as you have your cancelled checks as well as the detail as listed on the credit card statement, you should be fine.

Customer: Hello again
Customer: I pay it online. But I have my bank statements showing the money was subtracted out of my account and send to amex
Stephen E. Grizey :

OK, same thing as long as you keep the credit card statement to show what you are paying.

Customer:

perfect

Customer:

thank you again

Stephen E. Grizey :

Ok, no trick or treating tonight? I had 3 kids.

Customer:

no

Customer:

i haven't done it in a few years

Customer:

my brother and sister went

Stephen E. Grizey :

I'm just kiddy you, big guy......................

Customer:

:)

Stephen E. Grizey :

If you need to contact me again with any tax or financial questions, you can just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question. Again, please remember to rate my response. Bonuses, where you think they are warranted, and excellent ratings, are always most appreciated. Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com.

Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert