How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Your Own Question
Bill, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3153
Experience:  EA, CEBS - 35 years experience providing financial advice
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Bill is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a traditional IRA that indicates my Dividends are tax-deferred.

This answer was rated:

I have a traditional IRA that indicates my Dividends are tax-deferred. I receive a form
from my investment company every year that shows my investments and I was
wondering if I need to show it to my tax person, so it can be included with my tax
return forms?
No, you do not have to show it to your tax person because any dividends earned on investments in your IRA are not currently taxable and should not be included on your tax return. I am assuming that the IRA trustee did not report the dividends on a 1099. If they were included on a previous return then there may still be time (depending on the number of years ago that the return was filed) to file an amended tax return and obtain a refund.
Bill and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you