Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Last year I loand my company 150,000 to purchase assets. When

The company starts paying me...
Last year I loand my company 150,000 to purchase assets. When The company starts paying me back do I have to pay taxes on that money. Also, I was not able to pay myself for the entire year and was told that if I were to form a loan document stating that I was loaning my time to the corporation that I would not have to pay income tax on that money. Is this true?
10/2/2012
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent

Randalltax :

Making a loan to a company is not a taxable event.

Randalltax :

Receiving payment on the loan for the payment of PRINCIPAL is NOT a taxable event. However, for a loan to be valid, the borrower must pay some interest.

Randalltax :

The interest amount is deductible as an ordinary expense by the borrower and is included in income of the lender.

R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent