How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15312
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a pending 1031 exchange. Can i take the funds from the

This answer was rated:

I have a pending 1031 exchange. Can i take the funds from the QI and purchase property in my name and then deed the property to my family trust without incurring federal tax liability?

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Unfortunately no. The taxpayer cannot receive any money until the exchange is complete. If you want to receive a portion of the proceeds in cash, this must be done before the funds are deposited with the Qualified Intermediary. If you take any funds from the QI the 1031 is null.

Robin D :

Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving.

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions