How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been audited and the person I have is very mean (which

This answer was rated:

I have been audited and the person I have is very mean (which I know some agents are) but this agent is down right terrible. Is it possible to request a different agent?


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Yes - that is possible - but that might not be easy task.

Complaints about IRS employee conduct should be evaluated and acted upon according to the procedures described in RRA '98 §1203 All Employee Guide ( Document 11043).

-- Allegations determined to be potential IRC §1203 violations will be sent to Treasury Inspector General for tax Administration (TIGTA) for processing and investigation, if required. See IRM, RRA98 §1203 - Employee Responsibilities. -

-- Allegations determined to contain no §1203 violations will be handled using administrative procedures. See IRM , Customer Complaints (Non - §1203 Violations).
You need to be very specific which exactly item is violated and should be able to proof it. That might be not simple task - and you might need to consult with the attorney in your state.


I might suggest to contact the supervisor and express your concerns about agent's behavior. If you found that person as very mean - most likely - there are other complains.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you