How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29800
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi, i would like to know how i could get a copy of my 2008

Customer Question

hi, i would like to know how i could get a copy of my 2008 tax return?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 4 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
A copy of your tax return include copies of all forms and schedules that were sent to the IRS. You may request exact copies of your tax return (including W2 forms) - the IRS charges $57 for that.
To request a copy of the tax return - you need to use form 4506 -
Copies are generally available for returns filed in the current and past six years.

In most situations - you do not need an actual copy - but may use the transcript.

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and for applying for student loans.
You have three easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information -- tax account transcripts--by phone, by mail, or online.

The online ordering method, Order A Transcript - http://../individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html , is available and makes ordering simple.

You may also request transcripts by calling 1-800-908-9946_, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return) -

There is no fee for transcripts. Allow five to ten days for delivery if you order online or by phone.

You may take a look here for the example hose the transcript looks -

Let me know if you need any help.

Be sure to ask if any clarification needed.

JACUSTOMER-wd3hhcps- :

what i really want to know is how much it says my total gross income for the year was


For that purposes the tax transcript would be simple solution. If you want it faster - I suggest ordering either online or on the phone. There will not be any fee.

JACUSTOMER-wd3hhcps- :

thanks not 39 dollars worth


Please let me know if you need any help.
My goal is to provide EXELLENT service.
If you expect me to access your tax information - please be aware that the IRS will only allow to have access you and your official representative.
I hope that information I provided will be useful, but if you need any help - let me know.