How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3733
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a US citizen - The Tax accountant has not sent my tax

This answer was rated:

I am a US citizen - The Tax accountant has not sent my tax papers -even though I sent estimated taxes. i am receiving tax penalty and the accountant is not responding to my request to file and to give me my papers that require to be filed. what should I do
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to deal with these annoying games. I would suggest contacting the Accountant once more by phone and or letter (certified receipt requested) and inform him or her that if you do not receive your paperwork within a certain time frame (specify the time frame), that you will have no other recourse other than to file a complaint with the State Board Of Accountancy. Accountants don't like to hear that. You can also check to see if this Accountant has other complaints against them, and you can verify their credentials. SEE BELOW:

New York State Board for Public Accountancy
State Education Department
Division of Professional Licensing Services XXXXX, 2nd Fl. East Mezzanine
Phone: (NNN) NNN-NNNNext. 160

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Tax.appeal.168 and 4 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If I send him the certified letter and he does not respond what is the course of action. As i said he is not responding to my e.mails or phone calls. he has been instructed not to respond to me by my partner who is the majority shareholder - They do not want to show me even the Company Business tax returns

Hello again Raji,

I understand that he is not responding, this is why I suggested sending the letter certified (RETURN RECEIPT). This is to show that you made an honest effort to contact him. If he doesn't sign for the letter within a certain period of time, the letter will be returned back to you showing that he never claimed it. If you have to file a complaint, this will serve as proof that you made the effort to reach him. In addition to sending the letter, I would call as well leaving a message that you plan to file a complaint against him if he does not hand over your paperwork within a certain period of time. Regarding the business returns, if you are an authorized person, you may be able to obtain copies of past returns, and the business account tax transcript of the business by calling the Business assistance #: 1-800-829-4933.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne, if you get no response, contact the Accountancy board and file a complaint.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

-one last clarification. As this account was hired by my partner who is a majority shareholder - both for business returns and personal - Since I do not have a copy of the a/c firms contract terms with the company- Ethically is there a compliance code that he needs to adhere to me as a

minority shareholder of the company and has he violated any fiduciary duties as a agent.


Hello again Raji,

Regarding your last inquiry, this is a matter that falls under Business Law. As that area is outside of my field of expertise, I am unable to answer that question for you. We do have experts who may be able to assist you. If you want a Business Law Attorney to assist you, you will need to answer the question again, selecting that category. Sorry that I am unable to assist you with this part of your inquiry.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.