Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

1. 2008 Corporate Tax Return - past and current year

Customer Question
1. 2008 Corporate Tax...
1. 2008 Corporate Tax Return - past and current year carryover losses of about $320,000.00 from 2008 to 2009 (CA Form 3805Q Net Operating Loss Computation). None were used in 2008.
2. 2009 Corporate Tax Return - past year carryover loss of about $320,000 is omitted. Current year carryover loss from 2009 to 2010 is about $98,000.
3. 2010 Corporate Tax Return - On form 3805Q California the NOL carryover and disaster loss carryover limitations is listed as $182,000.The full carryover loss of $98,000 from 2009 was used in 2010 which left a balance of $83,484.
4. 2010 Shareholder Individual Tax Return - the current year loss of $4,000 and an additional $190,000 form PYA: Basis Carryover were used to offset a gain in assets.
Did the accountant just omit the past year carryover losses on the Net Operating Loss Computation on Form 3805Q California. Thanks, MJ
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
9/5/2012
Tax Professional: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 5 years ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Please cancel the question and the subsequent charge of $30.00. I am obviously not satisfied since I did not receive information from an expert. Thank you for trying.

Mel

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney