How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

need to know if i worked in the year 2002 ???

This answer was rated:

need to know if i worked in the year 2002 ???
Thanks for using!

Your best, XXXXX XXXXX only source for your 2002 wage income is the Social Security Administration. The IRS purges their system of wage and income transcripts after 7 years.

To request your earnings information from the Social Security Administration, go to ( You will need to fill out form 4506 from the IRS. You will need to make sure that the following information is included:
  • Your Social Security number;
  • The exact name shown on your Social Security card;
  • Any different names shown on your W-2;
  • Your complete mailing address;
  • The year(s) for which you need copies;
  • Your daytime telephone number; and
  • The reason for your request.

Unless this is associated with a Social Security matter, you will probable be charged a 30 dollar fee for your request. Make checks or money orders payable to Social Security Administration. The address is:


Social Security Administration
Office of Central Operations,
Division of Earnings Records Operations
P.O. Box 33003
Baltimore, MDNNN-NN-NNNN/p>
If this answers your question, please rate my service between OK and Excellent so that I may be paid. If you need additional assistance, please reply to this answer. Thanks for using Just Answer.

Phillip B, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you