How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in Houston and my wife works in Dallas. Her company

This answer was rated:

We live in Houston and my wife works in Dallas. Her company will mover her, but then that will take me away from my work. If she were to get an appartment in Dallas, would this be a tax write off?
Thanks for using!

Is your wife's job change to Dallas permanent?

If it is, then having an apartment for her to live in Dallas during the work week will not be a tax deduction for you.

If the new job is not permanent, she will be assigned to Dallas for a year or less, then she would be able to deduct living expenses like an apartment in Dallas.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between okay and excellent so that I may be paid. If you need additional assistance, please reply to this answer.
Phillip B, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you