Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

We live in Houston and my wife works in Dallas. Her company

We live in Houston and my wife works in Dallas. Her company will mover her, but then that will take me away from my work. If she were to get an appartment in Dallas, would this be a tax write off?
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com!

Is your wife's job change to Dallas permanent?

If it is, then having an apartment for her to live in Dallas during the work week will not be a tax deduction for you.

If the new job is not permanent, she will be assigned to Dallas for a year or less, then she would be able to deduct living expenses like an apartment in Dallas.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between okay and excellent so that I may be paid. If you need additional assistance, please reply to this answer.