How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small business with a few on and off employees. I

Customer Question

I have a small business with a few on and off employees. I have a payroll calculator set up in excel. I have the tax rates for fica and medicare. I am having some troubles figuring out what the percentages should be for minnesota state and federal with holdings
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 4 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Income tax withholding should be according to W4 forms - you need to determine federal income withholding according to withholding tables published in IRS publication 15 - - see page 35.
For Minnessota - you need to collect signed forms W4MN -
And use withholding tables - see page 20 in this publication -
Let me know if you need any help.