Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Fidelity would like me to have them move the 401K company stock

into a taxable Fidelity brokerage...
Fidelity would like me to have them move the 401K company stock into a taxable Fidelity brokerage account ,where it will be sold. Could I have the stock transferred into a taxable joint savings account and sell the stock in this joint account?
9/1/2012
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
As long as shares will be transferred outside of your 401k plan - they may be transferred into ANY account - including a joint account you have. There should not be any difference if that is a joint account with your spouse and if you are filing a joint tax return. Otherwise - there might be issues with gifting and reporting - but still shares may be transferred.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor