How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chea Romine Your Own Question
Chea Romine
Chea Romine, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience:  CPA, Managing Partner of medium sized CPA firm specializing in all areas of tax and accounting.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Chea Romine is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an independent contractor physician. I pay my own FICA.

Resolved Question:

I am an independent contractor physician. I pay my own FICA. I get no benefits. Because of my income I fall in the alternative minimum tax catagory. I want to deduct things such as auto expense, computer expense, cell phone for business expense, health expense,child care expense (for when I am at work) and charitable contributions pretax and then pay myself. This would shield me from liability and allow me to make these deductions, which I currently cannot. I previously did these things through a LLC 12 years ago when I lived in TX. How do I do it now? an LLC? an S corp?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Chea Romine replied 4 years ago.

Chea Romine :

I am putting together an answer that is long, give me a minute.

Chea Romine and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you