How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chea Romine Your Own Question
Chea Romine
Chea Romine, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience:  CPA, Managing Partner of medium sized CPA firm specializing in all areas of tax and accounting.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Chea Romine is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I submitted my taxes to my accountant two years ago, for my

This answer was rated:

I submitted my taxes to my accountant two years ago, for my partner and myself, including business taxes. they continue to give me the run around saying we have not giving them the documentation, yet we have provided everything they have asked for. our 2010/2011 remain in limbo. I have called, sent emails, left messages to no avail. I no loner live in MA and was there this week. Prior to my arrival I left a message and email indicatiing that I I would be in town and leaving on Monday and wanted to pick up all of my taxes, Friday at 3pm she requested MORE items from me. I provided them. Again, today, I called to pick up my taxes and she was out to lunch. NO response, again. I called and she left a message that she would email me. what can i do? what are my rights, please help. I fear they will hurt us on our taxes.....

Chea Romine :

You best recourse is to request all of your documents back and take them to another firm. They are not allowed to withhold your documentation from you for any reason including non-payment. This time of year there are many accounting firms that have time to prepare past taxes. There is really no way to speed them up and once a relationship heads down this path there is really no way to be comfortable from either side. It is best to take your business elsewhere and start over.

If you don't want to do this I would try to talk directly with the owners, if you already are then you are out of luck.

Chea Romine and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions