tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Federal, State and local income tax preparation
6555853

Do I need to pay taxes if I receive disability pay from my

Do I need to pay taxes if I receive disability pay from my insurance? My employer paid for the disability.

hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i'll be happy to answer this question for you. unfortunately, yes, since you did not pay any portion of the plan. you'll receive a 1099 which will show the taxable portion which you'll need to report on you income tax return. if you have anymore questions on this topic please ask them otherwise please rate my answer OK or higher so that I'm pd for it, thank you!

I noticed that you have viewed my answer, but have not rated it yet. If satisfied with my answer please rate it OK or higher otherwise i'm not pd anything for my answer, thanks again!