Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

are the proceeds of a modified endowment contract taxable to

the named beneficiaries at the...
are the proceeds of a modified endowment contract taxable to the named beneficiaries at the insureds death?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/3/2012
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Thanks for using JustAnswers!

Generally, the proceeds at death of a Modified Endowment Contract are not taxable to the beneficiaries after the death of the insured.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK Service and Excellent Service so that I can be paid. If my performance is not rated, I will not be paid. If you need additional assistance or clarification please reply to this post.
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
what would cause them to be taxable?
Only certain distributions or loans from a MEC are taxable during the life of the insured. After the insured dies, the beneficiaries of the MEC receive the death benefit tax free as with most life insurance proceeds.
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent