How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillip B, EA Your Own Question
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Phillip B, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to do a Mortgage refinance and the Co. is asking

This answer was rated:

I am trying to do a Mortgage refinance and the Co. is asking for 2010 and 2011 tax returns. I did my Taxes on line and can't get the paperwork there asking for. What or who can I talk to so I can get paperwork sent to me?
Thanks for using JustAnswer!

The best option is getting a copy of your is return is from the website where you did your return. If you used TurboTax, they have a pretty good system for recovering old usernames and password. I can give you step by step guidance for this if you would like.

If retrieving the returns from the tax preparation website is impossible, you can request exact copies or transcripts of the returns.

To request an exact copy from the IRS, mail Form 4506 with a check for 57 dollars for each tax return requested. The address for Missouri residents is:

P.O. Box 9941 Mail Stop 6734
Ogden, UT 84409

Form 4506 can be found at:

If you do not need an exact copy of the return, you can simply call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and request a transcript of the return be mailed to you free of charge.

If this answers your question, please rate my service between OK Service and Excellent Service so that I can be paid. If you do not rate my service, I will not be paid. If you need additional service or clarification, please reply to this answer.
Phillip B, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions