Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

When I tried filing my taxes electronically this year I received

a notification that there was...
When I tried filing my taxes electronically this year I received a notification that there was a conflict with the SSN of someone in my family, thus requiring to send the forms by mail. We never received the refund and now are worried that there may be fraud involving our SSN, what is the recommended action to take?
8/2/2012
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy assist you with this issue and concern. my recommendation would be for you to call the IRS asap to determine the nature of this SSN conflict. there are many reason besides fraud that might cause this message to pop-up while preparing your income tax returns. for example: someone else listed one of your family members SSN on their return in error or in the case of your children and divorce sometimes the ex lists one of your children on their return when it was your turn to list them or they out-right should not have claimed them. Anyway, you need to find out what's going on asap. call the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNN I hope that this info has been of some help and if so please rate my answer OK or better so that I'm pd for this info, thank you!
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer
tax-doctor
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer