Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

IN THE STATE OF OREGON IS THERE A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON

PAYROLL TAXES OWED TO THE...
IN THE STATE OF OREGON IS THERE A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON PAYROLL TAXES OWED TO THE STATE
8/1/2012
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
There is not statute of limitations, however from time to time the state of Oregon offers taxpayers an opportunity to apply for amnesty from delinquent taxes. This is often only offered for state income taxes that are past due and payroll taxes are usually considered trust fund money. There is no current offering of amnesty that is available.

The longer you wait to pay the more interest and penalties will accrue.
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
Is there a publication I can refer to for my client regarding this issue
This link tells a bit about the last offering of amnesty. However it does say these offers are rare, because taxpayers learn if they wait a few years they don't have to pay their taxes. http://news.opb.org/article/dodging-taxman-oregon-offers-chance-fess/

http://cms.oregon.gov/dor/BUS/Pages/withholding.aspx This is just an over view of Oregon withholding tax requirement.

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/305.419 This may help you with the specific law regarding withholding tax in Oregon.

Hope this helps.!
Angie
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer