Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can I calculate annual real estate tax on house I am trying

Customer Question
to purchase in Chesterfield MO?...
How can I calculate annual real estate tax on house I am trying to purchase in Chesterfield MO?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
7/18/2012
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 5 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
To calculate the tax you take the Nominal rate multiplied by the assessment ratio ( the percentage of the value of the property that is subject to tax), this gives you the effective tax rate. You multply the value of the property bt the effective rate and you have the tax.
Since you already know the effective rate just multiply the value of the property by the effective rate.

Even though you only asked about calculating the amount, another expert said to let you know the following:
Instead of calculating the tax amount - we may verify actuial real estate taxes based on the address - http://revenue.stlouisco.com/IAS/

Robin D41108.7952993403
Robin D :

To calculate the tax you take the Nominal rate multiplied by the assessment ratio ( the percentage of the value of the property that is subject to tax), this gives you the effective tax rate. You multiply the value of the property by the effective rate and you have the tax.

Instead of calculating the tax amount - we may verify actual real estate taxes based on the address - http://revenue.stlouisco.com/IAS/

Thank you so much, So does it that mean, it gives me the yearly tax I have to pay? every year I have to pay real estate tax of for instance:500k*1.3454% =6727 per year and (560.58 a month)?
Yes. As I advised though, you can use the link I supplied, enter the address and get the tax amount.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4