Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If I rent my mobile home in my mobile home park in MI is the

Customer Question
rent subject to MI sales...
If I rent my mobile home in my mobile home park in MI is the rent subject to MI sales tax
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
7/3/2012
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 5 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Rent on your mobile home would be subject to the Michigan sales and use tax. It would actually be the "use" tax that would be applicable. The tax is 6%. See: http://www.michigan.gov/taxes/0,1607,7-238-43529-155460--,00.html

I hope this has given
you information that has been helpful to you. If the information seems more
general than specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to provide
information and not specific advice.
If you have a follow-up
question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up
questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break
.

If you do have any additional questions about
my answer please click the "Continue
Conversation Link"
so I can provide you with a fully
satisfactory answer.
Please
be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive
no credit for my answers
.

Thanks for allowing me
to be of service to you. Please be aware that the information provided here is
not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws
and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not
intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does
not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has
been helpful to you.

Hi there. I wanted to follow up to make something clear. If this is your own mobile home, there is NO sales or use tax, even if its a mobile home in a park. Only if you are a registered lessor in the state of Michigan would you be required to pay the use tax. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.
Your answer is in complete, We have an option of paying tax on the acquisition cost or the rental stream
Thomas
I am going to opt out and refer you to a specific expert to help you.
Tax Professional: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Different contributor here. Please permit me to assist.

Your question is unclear. Are you asking which route to take: acquisition or rental stream?

Thanks in advance.
socrateaser, Lawyer