Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Georgia income tax - GDOR is disallowing Florida income as

exempt from GA tax....
Georgia income tax - GDOR is disallowing Florida income as exempt from GA tax. Taxpayer resided in Florida, but wife lived in GA Taxpayer rented a home in FL but did not obtain a drivers license or register to vote. Are those two items required to establish residence or are there other facts and circumstances which are more relevant.
7/3/2012
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant

Welcome to Just Answer,

According to Florida statutes the person should register with the county.

Any person who shall have established a domicile in this state of Florida may manifest and evidence the same by filing in the office of the clerk of the circuit court for the county in which the said person shall reside, a sworn statement showing that he or she resides in and maintains a place of abode in that county which he or she recognizes and intends to maintain as his or her permanent home.

The attached link has more detail.

http://archive.flsenate.gov/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0200-0299/0222/Sections/0222.17.html

I hope this clarifies your question.

Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant
Dave CPA
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant