How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave CPA Your Own Question
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 840
Experience:  Vast knowledge within the accounting/tax industry
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Dave CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe property taxes on my property 3 years, I can pay one

Customer Question

I owe property taxes on my property 3 years, I can pay one now and two in a month can I make arrangements with tax collectors office? In Miami dade county
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Dave CPA replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

Unfortunately you missed the deadline for the installment plan. The Tax Collector's Office in Miami-Dade County is authorized to allow taxpayers an alternative payment plan (installment plan) if their estimated taxes are more than $100.00. The taxpayer must complete a Notice and Application for Alternative Payment, or request in writing to the Tax Collector's Office prior to May 1st. The first payment must be made no later than June 30th. Failure to make the first payment will automatically cancel the participant from the plan, and the taxpayer will be required to pay the taxes due in full by March 31st.

So you would just have to pay what you can now and the reset in August. You should notify them of your subsequent payments when you make your first one. Below is a link for the payment plan request if you need it in the future.

Please let me know if you have any further follow up questions before you rate my answer. A positive rating is what I strive for.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I owe three years and I the certificates have been issued per year. I would like to make the first payment today for one of the years and the two remaining payments in August. Can Iake this type of arrangement?
Expert:  Dave CPA replied 4 years ago.
Sure I don't see why not. They are already past due and the county is expecting the money. If you can't pay all at once, then that is the next option. You should just inform them that you pay off the full balance in August. They can note that in your file. Please let me know if you need anything else.