Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I owe property taxes on my property 3 years, I can pay one

Customer Question
now and two in a...
I owe property taxes on my property 3 years, I can pay one now and two in a month can I make arrangements with tax collectors office? In Miami dade county
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
7/3/2012
Tax Professional: Dave CPA, Accountant replied 5 years ago
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant

Welcome to Just Answer

Unfortunately you missed the deadline for the installment plan. The Tax Collector's Office in Miami-Dade County is authorized to allow taxpayers an alternative payment plan (installment plan) if their estimated taxes are more than $100.00. The taxpayer must complete a Notice and Application for Alternative Payment, or request in writing to the Tax Collector's Office prior to May 1st. The first payment must be made no later than June 30th. Failure to make the first payment will automatically cancel the participant from the plan, and the taxpayer will be required to pay the taxes due in full by March 31st.

So you would just have to pay what you can now and the reset in August. You should notify them of your subsequent payments when you make your first one. Below is a link for the payment plan request if you need it in the future.

http://www.miamidade.gov/taxcollector/library/forms/2012-tax-installment-payment.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further follow up questions before you rate my answer. A positive rating is what I strive for.
I owe three years and I the certificates have been issued per year. I would like to make the first payment today for one of the years and the two remaining payments in August. Can Iake this type of arrangement?
Sure I don't see why not. They are already past due and the county is expecting the money. If you can't pay all at once, then that is the next option. You should just inform them that you pay off the full balance in August. They can note that in your file. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Dave CPA
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant