How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15443
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello, i operation an american bank account even though

This answer was rated:

i operation an american bank account even though i am not a resident and don't reside in america.i do wire money into the account on some occasion. my question is if i need to part any tax?

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer,
Having a bank account in the US does not by itself require tax reporting. The interest earned in a US bank by a Non resident alien is not taxable to the non US person. As long as the bank deposit interest is not effectively connected with the conduct of a U.S. trade or business you are not required to report or pay US tax.



Robin D :

You are welcome

Robin D :

You will be prompted to rate my service to you

Robin D :

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving.

Robin D :

Thank you again for using Just Answer

Robin D. and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you