How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie B. Your Own Question
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B., Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 556
Experience:  MTax, EA, QuickBooks Proadvisor. Over 15 years accounting and tax experience specializing in individual and small business.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephanie B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had some documents get stolen,and I need to get my 2008,2009,

This answer was rated:

I had some documents get stolen,and I need to get my 2008,2009, w2s and filings from IRS

Thank you for using Just Answer.

You can call the IRS at(NNN) NNN-NNNN go online at,,id=232168,00.html
or file Form 4506-T
to get copies of your transcripts at no charge.

If you need actual copies of the filed returns, you can complete Form 4506
There is a fee of $57 for each tax return requested.

If you would like any additional information or have more
questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel
the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected
more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION
button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do
everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I appreciate the opportunity
to assist you and I look forward to your response.

Thank you,


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Will I be able to also see copies of my w2s that come in that report

You can request the wage and income transcripts for each year and this will show the W-2s and 1099s and such. The state information will not be on these transcripts though.

Form 4506 is to give you the tax return and all schedules and attachments including W-2s that were filed.

Stephanie B. and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
I see you rated me with "poor service." Please let me know what you need further clarification on as I aim to answer your questions to your satisfaction.