How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4475
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a cohabitating couple in NY transfer a car title to the

This answer was rated:

Can a cohabitating couple in NY transfer a car title to the other partner without paying sales tax?

PDtax :

Hi from Just Answer. DTF-803 is the form used to record the sales tax for such a transfer.

PDtax :

sorry, it's DTF-802. And yes, you can transfer to a non-family member without sales tax, if it's done as a gift. The form ( does not make specific mention of a domestic partner, but as long as it's transferred for no consideration, the form allows such a transfer to be made without a sales tax to pay.

PDtax :

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Please provide ok or better feedback so I can be credited with helping you.

PDtax and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions