How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask USTaxAdvising Your Own Question
USTaxAdvising, CPA
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1237
Experience:  US Taxation specialist.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
USTaxAdvising is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

in 2006 i filed taxes for working in AZ and was susposed to

Customer Question

in 2006 i filed taxes for working in AZ and was susposed to recieve back money from H and R block I left town and wheni went back to pick it up they kept telling me my check hadnt arrived and that it would be there any day i never got it. it was susposed to be for around 7 to hundred dollars. I also wona little over 6000 dollars gambling on the horses where i was suposed to get money back also. o havent filed my taxes since 2006 and i wanted help getting the money i am owed from 06 and handle all other tax issues i may have
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 4 years ago.



Sounds like you have a number of issues to get a handle on.


1. Regarding the 2006 refund from Arizona state. I would call the AZ Department of Revenue and see what the status is on the refund (see the numbers below). You will most likely need a copy of the return handy. If you don't have your 2006 return then a representative should still be able to help you (you'll probably have to give your SSN and address).

Refund status can be obtained by using the automated phone system. Call (602) 255-3381 or toll-free 1-877-542-2281.

If you need a copy of your AZ 2006 return go here -

and click on "Copy of Your Tax Return"


2. Regarding your delinquent tax returns (2007-2011) - You should prepare and file these returns as soon as possible (assuming you have a filing requirement). Note that if you are due a refund for 2007 or 2008 then you probably won't get it. The IRS requires that claims for refunds be made at least three years from the original due date. Your 2007 return was due on 04/15/2008 and the refund claim expired on 04/15/2011. The claims for refunds for the 2009-2011 years should be accepted. Also note that if you have a balance due then you will be charged with a late filing penalty as well as a late payment penalty.


Here is some information on the "Statute of Limitations for Tax Refunds, IRS Audits, and Collections" -


Here is a good IRS article about back taxes -,,id=178194,00.html


I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.


Best regards,

Expert:  USTaxAdvising replied 4 years ago.



Just a friendly follow up. You have not yet accepted or rated my answer so I am wondering if there is something which is not quite clear or understood. Please let me know if you have any further questions.


Best regards,