Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

in MA what fporm does the petition for Appeal of Abatement

Customer Question
decision need to take...
in MA what fporm does the petition for Appeal of Abatement decision need to take ? Is there a specific form #, is it a motion, or just a written letter stating that you are appealing the decision ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/3/2012
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 5 years ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

PDtax :

hi from just answer.

Mass DOR offers two forms, depending on the type of tax being appealed:

Abatement Applications:
Individual Income Tax Web Abatement (online link to the form is here: https://wfb.dor.state.ma.us/webfile/wsi/Public/Webforms/Features/AbatementsAndExtensions.aspx);
Massachusetts Form CA-6, Application for Abatement / Amended Tax Return (link to the online form is here: http://www.mass.gov/dor/docs/dor/forms/inctax02/addlpdfs/ca-6.pdf)

I didn't know what tax you were applying for relief from, so both are provided. Good luck with your request.

If this answers your question, thanks from Just Answer. If you need more information, please ask.
PDtax
PDtax
PDtax