Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

ifiled direct deposit for first time i have not recieved my

Customer Question
refund...
ifiled direct deposit for first time i have not recieved my refund
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
6/3/2012
Tax Professional: tax-doctor, Tax Preparer replied 5 years ago
tax-doctor
tax-doctor, Tax Preparer

Hello, my name is Michael and I'm the Tax-Doc. I have over 35 yrs of income tax preparation experience to offer YOU.

hello...if I'm understanding you correctly, you e-filed your income tax returns for the first time and have not received your refund(s). there maybe several reason for this...#1 the return was rejected for a problem with it - they usually send you an e-mail if this happened #2 there's a problem with the direct deposit - usually because of an error in either your accounts routing number or account number...check to see if done...note: routing number on the left and account number on the right. if neither of these problems helps then you should contact tax software company directly since they can access your info and assist you directly.

If you have any further questions please ask otherwise please don't forget to click the accept button so that I'm paid for providing this info and to provide positive feedback once requested, Thank you!

Relist: Incomplete answer.
tell me if that the problem
Tax Professional: USTaxAdvising, CPA replied 5 years ago
USTaxAdvising

If you file a complete accurate tax return, your refund will generally be issued within six weeks from the received date. If you filed electronically, refund checks will generally be issued within three weeks after the acknowledgment date.

If you e-file, you can get refund information 72 hours after the IRS acknowledges receipt of your return. If you file a paper return, refund information will generally be available three to four weeks after mailing your return.

To check on your refund, go to "Where's My Refund" or call the Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954.

I hope this helps. You should try the "Where's My Refund" link above, that should tell you the status.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope this has provided the clarity you were looking for. Please let me know if you have any further questions. If you are unhappy with my response please let me know and I will opt out to let another expert assist you, otherwise please accept the answer so that I may get credit for my time.

Thanks!

Best regards,

USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising, CPA