Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I had no income from a job. I received $13,490 from

Customer Question
I had no income from...
I had no income from a job. I received $13,490 from unemployment. Do I qualify for the Earned income tax credit? If so, how do I find how much?
NOTE: Question previously asked, but further information was required. Where are the questions needing an answer?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
6/2/2012
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 5 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Stephen E. Grizey :

Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Unemployment compensation does not qualify you for the earned income credit.

Stephen E. Grizey :

Please remember to click on the green "ACCEPT", or the "smiley face" as appropriate; that is the only way we get credit for our work, even if you are on a subscription plan. Feedback, if you have time and bonuses, where you think they are warranted, are always most appreciated. Before or after you ACCEPT, I will be happy to answer any additional follow-up questions you may have. Thanks again for using our service.

If you'd like to contact me again, in the future, just ask for "Steve G" at the beginning of your question.

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert