How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask InfoTaxes Your Own Question
InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 262
Experience:  CTEC and IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer
Type Your Tax Question Here...
InfoTaxes is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A prof. tax person filed my return on about March 12, 2012.

Resolved Question:

A prof. tax person filed my return on about March 12, 2012. I have not received my $4024
refund. I now have reason to believe that this was because my tax person had an out-dated bank routing or account no. Following IRS internet insructions, I have called 800- (NNN) NNN-NNNNext 362. I have done this four or five times in the last couple of days, each time
with the following result: a voice answers saying, all employees are busy, but my call will
be answered in the order taken. Music starts, and the voice, every few minutes, says to
continue to not hang up. BUT, after 15 or 20 minutesThe line goes dead, I have tried
to find an appropriate e-mail or US Mail address without success. Becoming frustrated.
Can you pliase help me Marr D Simons, e-mail [email protected] , Phone6235333322.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  InfoTaxes replied 5 years ago.

InfoTaxes :

Thank you for using I will be more than happy to assist you!


InfoTaxes :

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have your tax refund, yet.

You can also call the following phone number: 800–829–1954

InfoTaxes :

Also, if the bank account on your tax return was wrong the IRS will be able to intercept the money and send you a check by mail


InfoTaxes :

Have you check the IRS website to make sure they processed your tax return ----->,,id=96596,00.html


InfoTaxes :

  • You omit a digit in the account or routing number of an account and the
    number does not pass the IRS's validation check, the IRS will send you a paper
    check for the entire refund;

  • You incorrectly enter an account or routing number and your designated
    financial institution rejects and returns the deposit to the IRS, the IRS will
    issue a paper check for that portion of your refund; or

  • You incorrectly enter an account or routing number that belongs to someone
    else and your designated financial institution accepts the deposit, you must
    work directly with the respective financial institution to recover your

InfoTaxes :

One more question, the address on your tax return is the correct address? many times the IRS will mail the check when the account number is XXXXX


InfoTaxes and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you