Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hello, which of the states in the U.S. dont charge sales tax

Customer Question
Hello, which of the states...
Hello, which of the states in the U.S. don't charge sales tax on services? I already know that there are 5 states that don't charge any kind of sales tax: Alaska (but does on a local level), Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire and Oregon.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
5/3/2012
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 5 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Same services might be taxable in one state and not taxable in the other...

Federation of Tax Administrators provides Online Searchable Data Base for taxable services - http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/pub/services/online/default_07.html

That seems the most comprehensive resource.

if you are looking for more details about which goods and services are subject of sales taxes in a particular state - I suggest these reports - http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales.pdf
and http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/pub/services/rr147srv.pdf

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor