ShawnA
ShawnA, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
Experience:  CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience answering these questions.
15641319

A corporation incorporated in Nevada doing no business there

A corporation incorporated in Nevada doing no business there and registered as a foreign entity in california.

Now client wants to close the Nevada entity and do business just in California under the same EIN.

Action to be done

1. File articles of merger with Nevada

2. File artiles of conversion with California.

Is there anything else I need to take care?
Category: Tax
Expert:  ShawnA replied 5 years ago.

Shawn P Adamo :

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

Shawn P Adamo :

register so you can do business in CA and represent yourself in a lawsuit

Shawn P Adamo :

Collect CA sales tax when doing business and remit.

Shawn P Adamo :

If this does not answer your question please let me know. Also let me know if you have additional questions.

This is my full time job and I only get paid if you accept my answer. We work on the trust system at JA.

If you understand my answer and have no more questions, please accept and please leave positive feedback (if so inclined). Thank you.

Customer:

This is not the answer to the questions I asked.

Shawn P Adamo :

I apologize. I thought you were asking what else had to be done with respect to you NV company closing and doing businees with the same TIN # XXXXX CA other than the steps you had taken in 1 and 2.

Shawn P Adamo :

Please reword your question so I may understand. With the understanding I had I would have registered in CA, and worried about sales tax remittance.

Shawn P Adamo :

I will opt out.

Customer:

I just want to know the steps for the transition. This company is registed in California as foreign corporation. I just want to know the steps to complete this move.

Customer:

There is no sales tax

Shawn P Adamo :

I would incorporate in CA. You can do this yourself or use a company. here is a link:

Shawn P Adamo :

What type of business is this? Service?

Shawn P Adamo :

the fee (plus state fees) is 39.00. I don't think it's worth time to do it yourself.

Customer:

They are already incorporated as a froegn enity in california. So would conversion from a foreign to a domestic entity make sense

Shawn P Adamo :

for 39.00 + state fees I think it's less costly to file as a new company located in CA.