How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3453
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received tax redund from the IRS a few days ago. It was

Resolved Question:

I received tax redund from the IRS a few days ago. It was for $820.00 for overpayment. I have misplaced the check. I am asking if a new check could be sent to me. I am 75 years old and I might find the check but not in time for a small vacation with my sister.

My caller ID number is XXXXX and my SSN # XXXXX XXXXX

I hope you can help me. Thanks.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.
Welcome, THANK YOU for using Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

I know that you wrote that you have already called several numbers. Was one of those numbers 1-800-829-1040? This is the general customer service number for the IRS. When you call the number, do not push any numbers to be directed to any particular department, let it go through the prompts and eventually you will get a message...unable to route your call, please stay on the line...something to that affect (I just called myself). Wait on the line to speak to a representative and let them know that you need a replacement check sent to you. As I don't exactly know how long it will take them to reissue the check, I feel comfortable in writing that it will probably take at least two weeks for you to receive a reissued check.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Tax.appeal.168 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you