How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

An individual moves to China in 2011. She needs her taxes prepared

Customer Question

An individual moves to China in 2011. She needs her taxes prepared for that year. She has a salary, interest, dividends, etc. in US dollars during her period of US residency. Subsequent to the move she was paid in Chinese currency. She has requested that I prepare her 2011 returns. What are her filing requirements in China? Does she have to report her US income with her tax filing in China? Does the Chinese income have to reported on her US return?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
1. This is a US tax area. I know nothing of China tax filing.
2. Yes, her income in China is reported on her US return. If she paid tax in China, then the foreign tax credit will apply.
3. While I am not sure of tax filing in China, I am sure that her US income is not taxable there.
4. You will have to US a currency calculator to cover the income in China to US dollars.