Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Dave, for tax purposes for depreciation allowed by the IRS

what portion of depreciation for...
Dave, for tax purposes for depreciation allowed by the IRS what portion of depreciation for a S corporation (building) is allowable? I have the equipment and leased equipment figured out.
5/1/2012
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant

Let me research and get back to you shortly.

I accepted the other $47 payment and I also left your tip. I also will pay another $47 for the tax question on building.....

Thanks for the payment. On page 79 is a chart that would show the depreciation method for a building with a 31.5 year life and would allow for depreciation of 3.042% or $15,210 on the building.

If this isn't in guidance with your instructors direction, let me know. The link below has all the methods allowable by the irs.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p946.pdf

Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant
got it thanks 40 years at 1.25 is our answer (chart solved that)
Dave CPA
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant