How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29577
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an artist and have just moved to WV and I would like to

Resolved Question:

I am an artist and have just moved to WV and I would like to do some art and craft shows.
Do I need a state ID number and collect WV tax on what I sell? Please advise.
Dorellis Keigh Earisman, XXX-XXX-XXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Yes - your sales would be subject of sales tax.

The Consumers Sales and Service Tax Act imposes a duty on vendors to collect a tax from consumers and remit all receipts from this tax to the Department of Tax and Revenue. The seller collects the tax due from the purchaser at the time of sale unless the purchaser presents the seller with a properly executed exemption certificate or a direct pay permit number.

You do need to register - <table border="0">TSD-360 Registration Procedures for Businesses

Here are sales tax forms -

Here is the publication -

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What tax form and/or application form do I need to fill out in order to do a craft show in


Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Any person who is engaging in any business activity in the State of West Virginia must register with the West Virginia State Tax Department before commencing business activities in this State.

You are not required to register if you engage solely in occasional or casual sales.

To register with the West Virginia State Tax Department, you must complete the Application for Registration Certificate (Form WV/BUS-APP).

You may also register online at

This application can be obtained by writing the West Virginia State Tax Department in care of our Taxpayer Services Division, P.O.

Box 3784, Charleston, West Virginia 25337-3784 or by calling our automated form ordering system at (304) 344-2068_ or 1-800-422-2075_.

The form is also available here -

Instructions -

Let me know if you need any help.