How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29571
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where can I get an EIN verification letter?

Resolved Question:

I need the EIN confirmation letter - "5023567". Can you send it to me or let me know where I can get it?

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

The IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP575 Letter.

If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147C that may be used when you are asked CP575 Letter.

Also - in lieu of the IRS Form CP575, the applicant may use any official correspondence, such as the quarterly tax payment coupon, from the IRS showing the name of the entity as shown on the application and the EIN.

You may send a written request letter 147C to the IRS - but that would be faster to call and request on the phone.

you need contact IRS via the phone. Call 1 - 800 - 829 - 4933 - from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time.

See also here -,,id=155444,00.html

Let me know if any clarification needed.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions