Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Where can I get an EIN verification letter?

Customer Question
I need the EIN confirmation...

I need the EIN confirmation letter - "5023567". Can you send it to me or let me know where I can get it?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
4/25/2012
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 5 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The IRS will not re-issue or provide a copy of the CP575 Letter.

If you lost your original letter and need to confirm your EIN - the IRS will send you the letter 147C that may be used when you are asked CP575 Letter.

Also - in lieu of the IRS Form CP575, the applicant may use any official correspondence, such as the quarterly tax payment coupon, from the IRS showing the name of the entity as shown on the application and the EIN.

You may send a written request letter 147C to the IRS - but that would be faster to call and request on the phone.

you need contact IRS via the phone. Call 1 - 800 - 829 - 4933 - from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time.

See also here - http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=155444,00.html

Let me know if any clarification needed.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor