How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29576
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my Social Security W-2 Form?

Resolved Question:

How do I get my Social Security W-2 Form for my benefits so I can file it as income?

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!

Social Security benefits are reported on form SSA-1099. SSA-1099 is mailed to you in January showing the total amount of benefits you received in the previous year.

That form is issued by Social Security Administration.

If you need a replacement SSA-1099 - you need to contact SSA – call at 1-***-***-****_ Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

A copy of your SSA-1099 will arrive in the mail in about 10 days. If you need it sooner, contact your local Social Security Office.

If you are looking for tax information for previous years - you may order transcripts from the IRS.

You need to use the form to obtain your tax account transcript.

On the form - check the box 8 for information about W2 and 1099 forms.

You have three easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information -- tax account transcripts--by phone, by mail, or online.

Our new online ordering method, Order A Transcript -,,id=232168,00.html , is available and makes ordering simple.

You may also request transcripts by calling 1-***-***-****_, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).

There is no fee for transcripts. Allow five to ten days for delivery if you order online or by phone.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions