Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do you get a W-2 for Social Security income?

Customer Question
How do I get my...

How do I get my Social Security W-2 Form for my benefits so I can file it as income?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
4/14/2012
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 5 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer!

Social Security benefits are reported on form SSA-1099. SSA-1099 is mailed to you in January showing the total amount of benefits you received in the previous year.

That form is issued by Social Security Administration.

If you need a replacement SSA-1099 - you need to contact SSA – call at 1-***-***-****_ Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

A copy of your SSA-1099 will arrive in the mail in about 10 days. If you need it sooner, contact your local Social Security Office.

If you are looking for tax information for previous years - you may order transcripts from the IRS.

You need to use the form www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf to obtain your tax account transcript.

On the form - check the box 8 for information about W2 and 1099 forms.

You have three easy and convenient options for getting copies of your federal tax return information -- tax account transcripts--by phone, by mail, or online.

Our new online ordering method, Order A Transcript - http://www.justanswer.com/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html , is available and makes ordering simple.

You may also request transcripts by calling 1-***-***-****_, or order by mail using IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return).

There is no fee for transcripts. Allow five to ten days for delivery if you order online or by phone.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor