How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen G. Your Own Question
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 7097
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Stephen G. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in new hampshire and i had more income then mass nowfiling

Customer Question

i live in new hampshire and i had more income then mass nowfiling non resident in mass the what to attach my new hampshire taxes to mass as a taxable income so now i have to pay in mass taxes on it is that right
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 5 years ago.
Hi & thanks for using our service. I'll do my best to give you a complete & accurate answer. Please ask me to clarify anything you don't understand.

No. You should not have to pay taxes in MA on anything except the income you earned in MA; unearned income is not taxed to non-residents.

What is it specifically is it that you are concerned about on the MA 1-NR form?