How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask geedubya55 Your Own Question
geedubya55, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 358
Experience:  17 years experience in business and individual taxation specializing in small business and farming
Type Your Tax Question Here...
geedubya55 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I enter estimated taxes already paid ??

Resolved Question:

How do I enter estimated taxes already paid ??
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  geedubya55 replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.


The total estimated tax payments for the year 2011 go on line 63 on page 2 of the 1040. This will give you credit for what has already been paid in, so it will reduce any tax liability owing on the tax return.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
State of of Ohio Tax form using Turbo to file. How does one enter payments of estimated tax from tax yr 2011?
Expert:  geedubya55 replied 5 years ago.

On the Ohio return the estimated payments go on line 20b on page 2 of the Ohio form IT-1040. I don't use Turbo Tax, but with my software there is a "federal/state estimated payment worksheet" that is used to enter those payments. I would think that Turbo Tax has the same thing. To access the worksheet, try going to the federal 1040 page 2, click on line 63, and then click into the detail screen. With my software, it takes you straight to the worksheet. Good luck.

geedubya55 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you