Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Im using turbo tax and at the end it is asking me for my AGI

Customer Question

I'm using turbo tax and at the end it is asking me for my AGI from last years return. I'm in Florida right now and my tax papers from last year are at my home in South Dakota. I need to find that correct figure out. Can you help
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer
You may call the IRS toll free number at 1-800-829-1040. If you can provide certain information to the Customer Service Representative (such as your name, SSN, and current address), you may receive the prior year original AGI amount or prior year PIN over the phone or you may request a free transcript.

Robin D :

TurboTax offers this info on the Electronic Pin

Get your PIN in 60 seconds or less

It's quick and it's easy – click here and go to this IRS website or call their automated number 1-866-704-7388.

The IRS will ask for a few bits of information to verify your identity. In exchange, you'll receive your 5-digit PIN so you can e-file your 2011 return.

Your assigned PIN, which cannot be changed, is good through mid-October of 2012; no need to write it down for next year.

And finally – don't forget to also get a PIN for your spouse if you're filing a joint return!

Robin D :

Either way you will need to actually contact the IRS

Robin D :

TurboTax advises that for their system it is easier to get a PIN from the IRS

Robin D :

Please let me know if you need more info on this subject before you click ACCEPT