Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Tubrotax did not let us efill. Indication was Credit for Adoption

Customer Question
Expenses. We did not enter...
Tubrotax did not let us efill. Indication was Credit for Adoption Expenses. We did not enter any information related to Adoption. Ron
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
4/2/2012
Tax Professional: R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent replied 5 years ago
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent

Randalltax :

Please indicate whether you are using the desktop or online version so I can tell you how to remove it.

Customer:

I am using a disc from TurboTax.

Randalltax :

OK so desktop TT. very good.

Randalltax :

So go to FORMS mode if you are not already in it. Click the Form icon top right

Randalltax :

In the left side is a list of all the forms. Scroll down until you see NC

Randalltax :

See if you can find form D400TX Wkt (Worksheet) and click to open it on the right.

Randalltax :

sorry taht's D400TC Wkt

Randalltax :

Tell me when you get there.

Customer:

I have D400TC Wkt.

Randalltax :

Great. Open it up and look on LIne 22E (it's in a box for Line 22)

Randalltax :

tell me what is on that line

Randalltax :

or all of Line 22 for that matter A-F

Customer:

Line 22 -- 0

Randalltax :

All of 22 is 0? is there an actual zero is it it blank?

Customer:

There is a 0.

Randalltax :

Look up and down the entire form. Are there any other lines with numbers on them? If so, tell me the Line #

Customer:

Line 20a - 2565, Line 20b - 34, Line 22 0, Line 23 thru 32 Blank Line 33 - $34 , Line 34 $3275 Line 35 -$34, Line 35 - $34, Line 37 - $34.

Randalltax :

OK. So there are entries we don't want to just delete the whole form. But lets first try to delete the "0" on LIne 22. Should be NO entry, then run error check

Customer:

This will take a few minutes.

Randalltax :

OK tell me and I'll be back

Customer:

I had to overide the entry on line 22, so that line is blank. That took away the Adoption Expenses entry.Thank you very much. I can find where that 0 first appeared and eliminate it. Ron

R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent

If this has resolved your issue, then please press the Accept button to close out this question.

If you still need assistance on this item feel free to ask.

R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent